Please sign in to post.

Best of Europe June 9 2019

Hello everyone, Just wanted to see who all was going on the 21 day Best of Europe trip leaving June 9. This will our first trip to Europe and we are very excited / nervous (more excited), of the experiences that await us. We will be arriving in Amsterdam June 7 and are staying at the Wiechmann Hotel in Amsterdam for the first 2 nights. Looking forward to meeting all of our fellow travellers. KEEP ON TRAVELLING Travis and Michelle Buck Creek Alberta Canada

Posted by
13905 posts

Well, I'm not on your tour either but didn't want to kill your buzz so I'll keep it going. Out of my 10 RS tours, I believe this is my favorite. You see SO much! Another RS guide told me he went as an assistant on this tour and he loved that you see blockbuster sights every day. He was so right.

If your snow has melted back enough to walk outside, I'd bump up work on hills (if you have any where you live) or stairs. I did not and wow...there are a lot on this trip!

My favorite part was Switzerland. I live on the west side of the Rockies in Idaho and even with our beautiful mountains Switzerland was stunning. Literally heart bumping out of my chest stunning.

I'd suggest that you participate in anything extra your guide offers. Mine threw in a couple of extra dinners (we paid him) and offered to take anyone who wanted to go up the Schilthorn on our free day in Switzerland as well as getting us started on hikes. Don't even blink at the expense of Swiss transportation, just put it on a card and move on.

Have an excellent time!