Please sign in to post.

Belgrade and Dubrovnik

I am planning a quick trip to Dubrovnik by way of Belgrade.

I will arrive in Belgrade on the 22nd of September at noon. I need to be in the airport at noon on the 24th.

Any Suggestions?

I arrive in Dubrovnik on the 24th of September at 3pm and I have to be at the airport at 2pm on the 26th of September.

Any Suggestions?

Posted by
334 posts

Regarding Dubrovnik, we stayed in the Lapad area to avoid some of the crowds of Old Town. The #6 bus will get you from Lapad to the Pile Gate of Old Town in just about 10 minutes. Lapad has a couple beaches and some decent restaurants with a little bit better prices than in Old Town. However, if you want to be in the middle of it all, stay close to Old Town.

As far as what to do, it's the standard stuff you'd see in any guide or web site: City Walls, Old Town, Cable Car, day trip to Montenegro, day trip to Bosnia. All are fantastic.

The airport is in the next town down the coastline because because there is no space for a runway next to the mountains of Dubrovnik, so just know that you'll have about a 20-minute taxi ride to Dubrovnik itself.

Posted by
18101 posts

Based on some advise from an "experienced traveler" now I am thinking about flying into Dubrovnik from the states:
Day 1 arrive from the states
2 See Dubrovnik (suggestions for the best part of a day?)
2 Overland to Kotor, Budva and ending in Podgorica.
3 Fly early moring Podgorica to Belgrade and spend a day poking around Belgrade. Suggestions?
4 Early morning flight to Budapest.