Please sign in to post.

Barcelona to Venice June 2017 with Teens

Hi all, we are planning a summer trip with our 3 children (12,14,17) to celebrate my daughters graduation. Our plan so far is to fly into Barcelona (4 nights), fly to Milan or Basel, and head to Interlaken (3 nights), then to Lake Garda (4 nights), and fly out of Venice (3 nights). Is this way too much? Should we drop Interlaken, and stay in Northern Italy, and day trip to Italian Alps from Garda? My other possibility was to fly from Barcelona to Naples, stay in Sorrento, and explore Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, and head up to Venice either by car or train. We will be leaving Houston to Barcelona June 20, and will leave out of Venice July 5. 14 total nights. Any suggestions or advice very much appreciated. We have traveled to Europe quite a bit, but this will be first extended trip with the kids. I'm trying to mix up cities with out door fun, beaches, mountains, etc. Thank you!

Posted by
7175 posts

Looking at logistics, I think your plan is quite manageable ...

June 21 - Arrive Barcelona - 4 nights

June 25 - Fly to Basel. Train to Interlaken - 3 nights
Vueling Airlines VY6240 / BCN Barcelona dep 10:35 / BSL Basel Mulhouse Freiburg arr 12:30
IC 975 / Dep 14:59 BASEL SBB (Switzerland) / Arr 16:57 INTERLAKEN OST (Switzerland)

June 28 - Train to Lake Garda - 4 nights
RE 6723 / Dep 13:29 INTERLAKEN OST (Switzerland) / Arr 13:50 SPIEZ (Switzerland)
EC 57 / Dep 14:05 SPIEZ (Switzerland) / Arr 16:37 MILANO CENTRALE (Italy)
FR 9747 / Dep 17:15 MILANO CENTRALE (Italy) / Arr 18:12 PESCHIERA DEL GARDA (Italy)

July 02 - Train to Venice - 3 nights
July 05 - Depart Venice

Posted by
8102 posts

Barcelona is a great place to visit, but not even the best Spain has to offer. Why go there, just stay in the Switzerland, Italy area.

Posted by
3551 posts

So many wonderful places to visit. Barcelona , switzerland and n. Italy is a nice combo. Opt for berner oberland over Interlaken imo, your kids will love berner oberland stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren.e if u need more info.

Posted by
451 posts

It is a doable trip. I agree with going to Murren instead of Interlaken. It is in the mountains on the edge of a dramatic cliff with amazing views! Lots of stuff for kids including an indoor swimming pool. Several easy great hikes above Murren.

Posted by
1008 posts

Row your own boat in Venice with rowvenice.org. Highlight for my kids!