Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

I thought I would post this on the General Europe board. I've just returned from Barcelona. Before my trip, I read with trepidation all the reports of pickpockets in Barcelona, etc. I'm happy to report that I didn't have a problem. I wore my money belt, was aware of my surroundings, etc. What a beautiful, vibrant city. Don't miss it!

Posted by
6 posts

I didn't have any problems in Barcelona either. The only thing was a group of teenagers asking people if they could make change. I got the impression they wanted to swipe someone's wallet if they were to actually take it out to make change because they kept asking people. Of course I didn't do it.

Posted by
582 posts

Thank you for posting this. I may be going there next fall!!

Posted by
1116 posts

I was telling my daughter how disappointed I was at how dirty Rome was and she told me Barcelona is so clean and beautiful. That convinced me to make it my next trip!

Posted by
646 posts

You won't be disappointed. It is very clean. I understand that the streets are hosed down at night. We purchased a T-10 transportation ticket and got a bus map from the TI. The bus routes were very convenient to all the sights. Buses are clean and large and handicapped friendly. We saw no reason to use the metro. We spent six wonderful days in Barcelona and didn't make it to any of the out of town sights because we were having such a good time in the city.