Please sign in to post.

ATM's

According to my bank my daily withdrawal limit is ~$600.
How does this work with the exchange rate? Does this mean I am only able to get ~ 417 Euros?

Posted by
9110 posts

Yes. If that's the exchange rate of the moment.

Posted by
1633 posts

If you feel you may need more than your daily limit, go to your bank and request your limit be increased for your trip. Just be aware that sometimes the amount you can withdraw is limited by the ATM machine you are using in Europe.

Posted by
2788 posts

In traveling thru Europe for the last 10 years, I have never spent the equivalent of 417E in a day. If you need more than that, say to pay for a B&B, do as someone else posted by asking your bank to raise your daily limit for the duration of your trip. You can also do as I do when I need more funds to pay for my room and that is to contact the owner/manager and tell them that you will have to pay them over 2 or 3 days since it will take you that long to get the funds out of an ATM.
I have never been turned down using this approach. I hope you will be using a DEBIT card tied to a CHECKING ACCOUNT.

Posted by
1167 posts

You cannot assume that the limit your bank gives you is the amount you will be able to withdraw. Many ATM's particularly in smaller towns have their own limits that are sometimes more like €300/24 hours. Depending on the size of the town and the number of banks/ATMs you may or may not be able to exceed this by going to another ATM.