Please sign in to post.

April 29th, 2011 ~ Royal Wedding at Westminster Abbey

I wanted to post the date of the wedding because I know that there are some that has been worrying about being in London the day of the Royal Wedding, that it will mess up their plans. I would say if you are to be in London on April 29th enjoy the day, take it all in, it's a once in a life opportunity to see a Royal Wedding. April 29th (Friday) will be a Bank Holiday.

Posted by
3428 posts

They've also announced that it will be at Westminster Abbey and that Ap. 29th will be a national holiday. If being in London on the day of the wedding does not appeal- plan a day trip there are lots of great ones you can do by train from London.

Posted by
9110 posts

How would one get ickets to see the wedding so one could take it all in? Odds are, the parade route is going to be clobbered, but not much else. Odds are, also, that Westminster will be closed for several days prior for security preparation.

Posted by
1589 posts

Sorry, but we are busy that day and can't make it. Regrets.

Posted by
1986 posts

Bob
Let me know when you are available and I'll get the date changed

Posted by
16333 posts

Oh, my. We have tickets into Heathrow on the 27th, transfering to a flight to Spain. I suppose the airport will be extra-busy that day.

Posted by
32212 posts

I haven't received my invitation yet. I wonder if that will be forthcoming in the near future?

Posted by
989 posts

I can't imagine how a royal wedding could mess up anyone's plans!!! I'd trade my second-born to be able to go to England at that time.

Posted by
2776 posts

Elaine....I agree I would love to be in London at that time.

Posted by
934 posts

I was in London in May when the Queen opened Parliment. .They had a parade from her home to Parliment with hundreds of black horses. We waited on the street for a hour before and it was well worth it.The street closings caused massive traffic jams.

Posted by
989 posts

Second-born is the man-child - the 20 year old who games online 16 hours a day and has no interest in getting his own place, EVER!!! First-born daughter, she is 24 & lives at home (again) (still in school) -hmmmmm - maybe I will trade them both. Any offers??? ----------------------------------- That's it!! - Both are now up for trade - Kevin for the Royal Wedding and Kate for the Diamond Jubilee. (both come with clothes, cars, laptops and IPod Touches. Son will also come with Wii, Xbox, and Playstation.

Posted by
1829 posts

"April 29th (Friday) will be a Bank Holiday." As will the following Monday 2 May which is Spring Bank Holiday. Easter being late in 2011 (Friday 22 and Monday 25 April), means two long holiday weekends in a row and a three day working week in between!

Posted by
683 posts

We didnt invite Queen Elizabeth or Prince Charles to OUR wedding, so we dont expect an invitation to this wedding bcuz they have likely not forgotten the slight.

Posted by
251 posts

I was in London for the Queen's Jubilee, it was lot of fun; but we haven't been in touch so I'm not expecting an invitation to the wedding. :)

Posted by
29 posts

We just accepted an offer for a "Home Exchange" for three weeks in London starting April 27, 2011. This is our first exchange and our first trip to the UK. We were supposed to go last August but...Long story-short version; Husband developed a blood clot after a sports injury four days before we were supposed to fly. No flying till next year. Guess there was a reason...... Now I need to buy a hat!!
Pam in MD

Posted by
4407 posts

Elaine, can't you cough up a Malibu Barbie convertible? I suspect your inbox would be flooded with offers... Paul n Sara, that WAS quite the breach in protocol...

Posted by
515 posts

Curses. April 29th is a standardized testing day in Texas. I'm already trying to think of a valid excuse for skipping school that day.