Please sign in to post.

April 2018 Itinerary Advice

Call me a Europhile I am leaving for Europe next Friday with my Parents and already booked an April 2018 trip with my Father. For this summer we booked a VRBO in Bayonne for 3.5 weeks and a 4 night AirBnB in Paris.

April 2018 is an interesting trip. My Father and I are taking a Trans Atlantic cruise from Tampa to Amsterdam (15 nights)for $800 per person in an interior cabin via Punto Degaldo Azores Cobh Dublin and Dunmore Ireland followed by 4 nigts in an AirBnB in Amsterdam Watergrafsmeer neighborhood $100 with Breakfast included prepared by our Hosts for 2 bedrooms. Then Ii booked us on IcelandAir for $598 to San Francisco with a 4 night 2 bedroom AirBnB in Rejkavik for $100 per night.
I used miles on Delta to Tampa due ro spring break with an overnight on Harbour Island.

What do you think about this trip? How is the price for the trip? Any suggestions for a good local Rick Steve's restaurant in Jordan Amsterdam? Any tips on AMS and Watergrafsmeer neighborhood?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
8222 posts

You're certainly going to be getting your money's worth. The repositioning cruises are always bargains in travel.

We went from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome in April on Holland America's newest ship for $40 per night per person--13 nights. After a $120 flight from FCO to Budapest, we stayed in an apartment for 8 nights @ $65. Our flight back to the states was $238 on Norwegian Air Shuttle. While we're now of retirement age, the average age on our ship was a generation or two older than us.

Have a great trip.

Posted by
226 posts

Thanks for your reply. We are on Royal Caribbean Brilliance Of The Seas(Radiance Class) which is mid size. We sailed on their sister ship the Serenade Of The Seas and loved it too.

We still like to explore the local culture while in port and will forgo a meal on board to eat at a local restaurant for lunch and depending on the timing in port dinner. At the very least a drink at a local bar with snacks or a picnic.

I remember our picnic in Punto Degalda Azores a few years back looking at the ships coming into port with delicious sardines, bread, cheeses, olives and good wine from Portugal. We ended the picnic with local cookies and chocolate.

In Dublin I want to go to Trinity College and eat in a locals Pub. We have from 11:30 AM-10:30 PM and back on ship is usually 1 hour before. Perhaps there will be some nice celtic music or other cultural happenings when we are there.