Please sign in to post.

Apartment recs: Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki?

I'm planning a trip for my family of four for July and was wondering if you have apartment recommendations in these cities? I have used HomeAway and VRBO before, but always like to hear if people on the forum have any great experiences with specific rentals. We have two kids (13 and 10) so two bedrooms are preferable but we could also do a one-bedroom with a sofabed. My main criteria are proximity to sites (we will walk or take public transportation), safety and cleanliness.

I'm also open to a family room in a hostel, but apartments provide a bit more comfort and ability to eat some meals at "home."

Thanks so much!
Wendy

Posted by
5790 posts

I stayed at this Airbnb flat in Stockholm in 2014. It is Gamla Stan just off of Stortorget so it could not be more central. The flat is in one of the old houses. The downside is there are lots of stairs. You'll go up a couple of flights just to get to the flat and the flat itself is 3 floors plus a small roof deck.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1672930#host-profile

The owner has a smaller less expensive flat that I believe is in the same house.

Posted by
52 posts

Thanks very much for the recommendations!

Wendy