Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam - Venice - Nice - Paris 14 days

Thoughts on this itinerary? Could add in another night if needed. Will mostly take flights between destinations with a train from Nice to Paris. Thinking about a September trip.

1. Amsterdam (4 nights)
  2. Venice (3 nights)
  3. Nice (3 nights)
  4. Paris (3 nights)
Posted by
11367 posts

Add a night to Paris. Consider flying from Nice to Paris too. These are wonderful cities to explore, good choices.

Posted by
27390 posts

Have you been to Paris before? If not, I'd drop Nice and spend 6 nights in Paris.

Posted by
5025 posts

That's a lot of ground to cover in a relatively short time. Think I'd drop Nice, spend four nights (three full days) in Venice and five nights (four full days) in Paris. To make the best use of your time flying between your cities on one of the low cost airlines makes good sense.

Posted by
1825 posts

Flying between cities is great but kills a day of your trip and three days gone out of 14 (are those including arrival and departure days ) I consider too many days lost. I'm glad you dropped Lake Como from your plans but I'd consider swapping Florence for Nice. It's an easy train ride between Venice and Florence and you'd still have the good part of the day to see Florence on arrival. It's hard to give travel advice without knowing where you have been before or where you are traveling from.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks! I've been to Florence before. We are used to going to places for a short amount of time and will probably go back to Paris a second time.

Posted by
11422 posts

If you are still working age, I hope you have an extra week of vacation to use when you get home from this exhausting schedule.

Posted by
7175 posts

Consider Provence instead of Venice. It's on your train route to Paris, and eliminates one of the flights.

Start in Amsterdam (4 nights)
Fly to Nice (3 nights)
Train to Provence (3 nights)
Train to Paris (3 nights)