Please sign in to post.

American Airlines 777-300er - Bassinets?

I see that the bulkhead in front of row 20 of AA 777-300er has bassinet attachments. Does the bulkhead in front of row 33 also have bassinet attachments?
Thank you!

Posted by
12 posts

Thank you, Scudder! That is exactly what I needed but couldn't find on my own.

Posted by
739 posts

As much as i hate the idea of bumping someone to different seats… Many airlines can/will move people to accommodate certain passenger requirements. I was on a delta flight a few years back, when they flew 777s and had the outside seats with my father. The bulkhead in the middle had the bassinet brackets and Talking with the passengers using it I discovered they had been put in those seats replacing the original passengers in those seats.
So as much as i hate yo suggest it, if that is an issue then.. Try calling the airline?

Posted by
12 posts

Hi Douglas - i was able to book a seat right behind a bulkhead with bassinet attachments per the diagram. I, too, would hate to bump someone so I wanted to book an appropriate seat. Thanks for the input!

Posted by
739 posts

Yeah, I prefer not to mess with other folks books seats, just as I would not like mine being moved.
That being said I accidentally did this on a trip to Europe.
I was having issues booking online (this was in 17) and had to call the Airline to book, I was traveling with my 86 year old father and the Airline’s assistant on the other end of the phone booked our tickets and then asked us about seats, I said that my dad preferred a window and I prefer an Aisle but that other then that we didn’t car that much.
The Lady said she could put us together and give us the two left side seats (this was a 777 as a mater of fact) . I said that was strange as I thought those seats were all taken. But she said it was available and they really preferred me siting next to my father (presumably because his age and his being hard of hearing)
So I didn’t think much of it.
Until I was on the plane and seated as the rest of the passengers got on I noticed one giving us a funny look and as he walked by he said to someone “well that is were I was supposed to be sitting”.
So. Opps.

As it happens that trip we had a young couple with a baby in the bassinet in the model seats accross the aisle from me. That is how I new about the bassinet brackets. Turned out they had to bump the folks from that seat as no bulkhead seats were available elsewhere.
They were a very nice couple and the baby was “perfect”. It cried twice for a couple seconds each time. Once on takeoff probably as a result of ears and pressure and once about half way.

it was funny, the couple had brought a bunch of ziplock bags with some chocolate a packaged cookies, and earplugs some wet wipes and some things I am forgetting and an “apology” for bring a potentially crying baby on the plane and that they were flying to GB for a family function. An anniversary or something if I recall? They distributed the bags to everyone around them on both sides and at least a row back. And the baby was better than many of the adults I have sat near over the years. And much better than most children I have encountered.

Anyway good luck on your trip.