Please sign in to post.

Airfare feedback - is $540 a good price?

I am averaging around $540 roundtrip from Omaha to Frankfurt 3/26 to 4/16. Is this fair?

Posted by
7209 posts

If that includes all taxes and fees then yes, that's a good price.

Posted by
1556 posts

Not sure it is fair - that depends on you. However, it is a decent price.

Check out Continental Airlines - I saw somewhere that they have a lot of fare around $400 to Europe up till the end of May.

Posted by
1358 posts

Before you agree to any fare quoted by an airline, be sure to ask if it includes all fees and taxes. That is the only way to compare fares between airlines.

Posted by
2910 posts

Hi William,

Fair... I don't know. If I were looking to go to Frankfurt from here in NY/NJ and found a price of $540 r/t incl. all taxes, I'd buy it.

Paul

Posted by
390 posts

That's pretty darn good. Last (early)May we flew OMA to Frankfurt and it was $730. I'd take anything under $600!

Posted by
881 posts

That's a great price if it's taxes and fees included. Check to make sure it doesn't have any super-strict rules (non-changeable, etc).

Posted by
85 posts

I'm flying into Frankfurt just before you (3/19)on Continental and I paid $724 which incl. all fees and taxes. I thought that was pretty good.

Posted by
1717 posts

Hello William. I think $ 540. is a low price (if it includes all taxes and fees). I recommend that you buy the tickets today, before they are sold out.

Posted by
671 posts

I would book another trip tomorrow if I could get that rate!

Posted by
3551 posts

Check consolidators like cheaptickets or expedia for a comparison. There are lots of sales popping up every wk to Europe however not sure from Omaha. Lufthansa, air france, united.

Posted by
5 posts

Does this include taxes? If it does, you got a pretty good deal.

Posted by
582 posts

One of my students is leaving for Paris tomorrow, and got a flight from Houston for $416, tax and fees included! The low airfares are out there! Maybe I'll get to Paris sooner than I thought!
I think $540 is a good price including tax and fees!
I sure would take it!

Posted by
1265 posts

William - In checking sidestep.com with your travel dates, this looks like a good fare. I'd say take it.

Posted by
780 posts

Thats a good one, as long as there are no hidden fees. I got Denver to Heathrow, London round trip, non stop for $553. Lots of good deals out there right now!

Posted by
30 posts

That sounds to me like a fare before taxes to me ;)

If that fare is taxes included, I wish I had booked my trip to Frankfurt instead of Ireland.

=)