Please sign in to post.

Advance Passenger Information

We are flying Vueling from London to Palermo, with a brief (couple of hours) stop in Barcelona. We cannot fill out the Advance Passenger Information form online, evidently because of US restrictions. My question is: How much extra time should we allow at the airport (Gatwick) to fill out the necessary forms and then get our boarding passes? Thanks for your help.

Posted by
16895 posts

I have not flown Vueling, but have not had this issue on other European airlines, so I'm skeptical about you having to wait. Perhaps someone else has seen it before.

Posted by
5426 posts

API typically needs to be added 2 hours before the scheduled departure time at the latest so arrive early enough. Your problem sounds more like a strange limitation of Vueling's systems to me.

Posted by
5426 posts

API typically needs to be added 2 hours before the scheduled departure time at the latest so arrive early enough. Your problem sounds more like a strange limitation of Vueling's systems to me.

Posted by
6464 posts

Well, there goes that leisurely breakfast at the hotel! Thanks for the tips. I've check a few other forums (fora?) and it does seem to be a Vueling problem. Someone suggested contacting the airline directly to be able to fill out the form ahead of time. I might as well try that. Nothing to lose, a breakfast to gain. Thanks again.

Posted by
220 posts

Just a heads-up: If your checked bag is damaged by Vueling, you can forget about any sort of compensation. My wheelie bag was crushed and damaged beyond repair on a Vueling flight from Rome to Paris last April. Vueling refused to give me any sort of compensation unless I could prove that it was not damaged before I checked it.
So what am I supposed to do, take photos of the bag from all angles before I leave for the airport?
Vueling? Never again.

Posted by
6464 posts

Uh-oh. We're booked on two Vueling flights this trip, the other from Catania to Rome. I did email Vueling to see about filling out the API and getting our boarding passes ahead of time, instead of doing it all at Gatwick that morning, and the response was to do it at the airport that morning. I'm glad there seems to be plenty of public transportation early. Thanks, all, for your comments.

Posted by
1068 posts

I also booked a Vueling Flight for this summer. However, regarding checked bags: it is obviously no fun to have your bag smashed. However, my home owner's insurance does cover some damages and I never put anything which could be seriously hurt into a checked bag. While I will be cautious about Vueling (as I have not flown them before) all budget airlines have flaws. Good luck with your trip.