Please sign in to post.

accommodations in Paris

I've been to Paris several times using Rick's books as a guide. In the last several years, there don't seem to be inexpensive places to stay; I don't need a toilet or bath in the room; just a clean, safe place. Do you have any suggestions. Previously, I stayed at hotel de nevers, which was quite inexpensive but it seems they've renovated and prices have increased dramatically. Thanking you in advance, Nancy Austin

Posted by
1446 posts

I agree. I have found that Paris has gotten difficult to find cheap accommodation, especiallty when traveling solo. I've stayed at the Nevers a couple of times too, a decade ago (liked those cats and the couple were kind). Check out these: FIAP Jean Monnet (Montparnasse) - no min. stay La Maison Bacana B&B (1 min from RER station) - 2 nts min Hotel Hameau de Passy (16th) - 3 nts min
-- all of these have private singles for around 55-60 euros/nt

Posted by
8 posts

I'm staying here for a weekend in July (just made the reservation) - it is $118 for TWO nights. Run by the city of Paris - 2 locations (they choose I think). Only hard part - their email information is all in French (Hello Rosetta Stone!) http://www.cisp.fr/cisp/index.asp?ln=us

Posted by
3313 posts

I just checked the website for the Hotel de Nevers on the Rue de Malte in the 11th. They seem to be in the same price range as they have for a number of years. No evidence of recent renovation. There is another Hotel de Nevers on Saint Germain that is more expensive and looks a little more fresh.

Posted by
8946 posts

Well, I do need a toilet and shower in my room, so for Paris, we opted for staying at an Ibis. Yes, it is a chain hotel, but all we do is sleep in it, so it doesn't have to be a place with any particular charm. Prices are reasonable, and if it is summer, you also get A/C.