Please sign in to post.

Accommodation Advice London December 2023

My family and I have been to London in the past, but are looking for a different place to stay with 2 kids. Does anyone recommend staying at the Residence Inn in Kensington? Or The Clermont hotel? I am also looking at Leonardo Royal Hotel near Tower Bridge.

Posted by
8677 posts

Haven’t stayed in any of them but as a yearly traveler to London I suggest you also review what the Premier Inn chain offers.

Enjoy London with the kids. Pretty sure they’ll enjoy an after dark visit to Winter Wonderland. London Transport Museum might be fun as well. Unsure of your kids ages but there’s also the Princess Diana Playground near Kensington Palace.

The Dinosaurs gallery in the Natural History Museum might be of interest as well. Lastly, seeing the Crystal Palace Dinosaurs is worth the train ride from Victoria Station.

Posted by
2745 posts

I have stayed at the Residence Inn. I liked it, room was in good shape and it's next to a huge grocery for stocking the kitchenette Not a bad walk from the Earls Court Tube stop. Breakfast was very nice. Lots of options and decent service (i.e., they cleaned the place up quickly)

However, the one bedroom is ONE room. there's not a separate door between the living and bedroom as I normally see in a US Residence Inn which might be a "problem" with the two kids if you were looking for separate sleeping space.

Posted by
15018 posts

I had just the opposite experience to Carol at the Residence Inn Kensington. Granted, I stayed there within the first few months of it opening. But it was so bad, I left early and I will not be going back

Posted by
8147 posts

We stayed twice in June at the Premier Inn close to Paddington Station. Hyde Park is just a short distance.

Premier Inn a very nice hotel and about a 10 minute walk to the train station. And this specific chain of hotels is a favorite of U.K. travelers.

Best of all, it's a 15 minute express train ride to Heathrow.