Please sign in to post.

London Theatre

My daughter and I would love to see a mystery/thriller while in London. I've seen people suggest a few on other posts but of course forget what they were. I know one was Mousetrap. Any suggestions? Another might have been Woman in Black. Which is the best of the best? and of course likely to be playing still mid-may

Posted by
2775 posts

I would definitely go to see The Mousetrap. I have seen it, and loved it. It's at the St. Martin's Theatre on West St., you would take the tube to the Leicester Square tube station. You don't have to worry about it still be playing in May. It opened at the Ambassadors Theatre in Nov 1952 and moved to St. Martin's Theatre in 1974. It is the longest running play in the West End, it's now in it's 56th year. Go and enjoy.

Posted by
486 posts

We saw a fabulous play,"Buddy," about Buddy Holly by buying the tickets at the half price booth the day of the show. So you might consider playing it by ear and trying to get tickets cheap. Or splurge and look for a second play on another day as a cheapie to be sure you see what you want.

Posted by
9100 posts

If you looking for a mystery, Mousetrap should be on top of your list. Another long running mystery is The Woman in Black. I despised it, but its the only London show I have ever been to that has gotten a standing ovation; so I'm in the minority on that one:) Problem is that with the exception of the above shows, most dramas only run for a few short months so you should head to www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk so check out what will be playing when you will be in town.