Please sign in to post.

Praiano Italy

Can you walk from Praiano to the town of Amalfi? What activities are there in the town of Praiano? Thank you
Elsa

Posted by
1976 posts

Hi Elsa. You might want to post this question in the "To the Boot - Italy" section of the Helpline, where someone who knows the answer would see it.

Posted by
1829 posts

I would not advise a walk from Praiano to Amalfi. Apart from the distance, nearly 10 kms, it is along the extremely busy and narrow Coast road with hairpin bends and next to no sidewalks. To see for yourself take a look at Google Maps and "walk it" using Streetview. Praiano is a small village in two parts strung out along the Coast road with no real centre as such eg a piazza with shops and cafes/restos. Side roads go up/down from the main road. Again you can see it on Streetview. Not stayed there but driven through many times. PS forgot the road tunnels!

Posted by
977 posts

Elsa, my daughter and I thought we would walk from Amalfi back to our B & B about 2 kms from the town, along the Amalfi Coast road I do not scare easily, but this was an experience I wouldn't care to repeat. Looking back, it was really quite dangerous.

Posted by
2372 posts

We did not do that walk but did walk a section of coast road in Positano, barely again no sidewalk and traffic, ESP. Buses went so close. Don't suggest you try it.

Posted by
11613 posts

I have done this walk, it's mostly downhill. Congestion could be annoying. An alternative might be to take the bus (buy a day-ticket), get on and off when you want, and walk for smaller stretches. If you want hiking, there as lots of opportunities in the hills.