Please sign in to post.

hotels in France

Does anyone have suggestions for moderate hotels in Carcassonne and Sarlat? Thanks. David

Posted by
9110 posts

There's a good old Etap/Ibis Budget about a half mile west of the Cite at Carcassone. They tend to run fifty bucks a night or so. Spartan, clean, plastic. In Sarlat, P-H Toulemon runs one of the best places I've ever stayed. He's started styling his joint as a gite the last few years. Great guy, great wife. The smaller rooms run about sixty or seventy bucks.

Posted by
321 posts

We stayed at a great bed and breakfast right ouside the walls in Carcassone. Lovely home, hosts and great breakfast. They also have enclosed parking if you need it. It was lovely being able to walk a few steps into the city in the evening . Price is very reasonable. Your text to link here...

Posted by
6 posts

Do you know the name of the B&B outside the walls in Carcassonne?

Posted by
977 posts

I second Ed's suggestion wholeheartedly, for accommodation in Sarlat. One of the best value for money accommodations in all areas, I have found in my many travels.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks very much. I have contacted the two hotels you suggested. There is one more question: Many hotels seem not to have air conditioning. What is your experience without it in June?

Posted by
11507 posts

David, France has pycho weather, in June it could be hot as hades, could be cool and rainy. I prefer to always get a/c but if I can't I make sure to book a room in a quiet area as leaving windows open for ventilation can be lead to noise issues .. and sometimes bugs, since I have never seen screens on windows anywhere. They may exist, I have just never seen them. If you can afford it, and if you need it, its wonderful, if you can't afford it, its not the end of the world if you are out in the country, but in cities I would always opt to get it.
PS Alot has to do with your heat tolerance, I am not used to heat so feel it very much , anything over 80 makes me sick.