Please sign in to post.

Paris France

My husband and I are going to Paris France On Oct. 22nd thur Nov.4th. What is the weather like in early fall in Paris?

Posted by
864 posts

Take a light head covering and a pair of medium weight gloves. Dress in layers the top one being a waterproof windbreaker. With your head and hands warm all will be well and gloves and a wool hat are easy to take on/off depending on the weather. It can be quite cool and perhaps rainy or...Fall delight with temperate mild days and crisp cold nights. Mother Nature does what she wants. Wonderful time of year. Short days but hey, spend the evenings with fine dining which doesn't necessarily equate to expensive. Be advised the daylight will be shorter than Summer.

Posted by
12 posts

We were there in October last year and I agree that layers are the way to go. I see you are a New Englander, like me, and so, you know how the falls can be here. It was pretty much the same there. The day time can get warm but then change in an hour to very cool. Nightime can be downright cold! Not winter cold...but cold enough! If it helps, I dressed most days in a light pullover sweater. I brought along a jacket with light fleece on the inside, water resistant nylon on the outside. I essentially had it on in the early morning, off in the mid-day, on again in late afternoon and into night. At night I also needed gloves but my hands tend to get cold. My husband did not have gloves but was fine. I also had a leather jacket which was fine for some days but I found the weather just changed so much within each day, I was better off with something more practical. We are going to Germany in October and I plan to pack the same sort of garment. Layers, layers, layers. Have fun!