Please sign in to post.

Portofino

Any suggestions for nice hotels but not super expensive?

Posted by
23340 posts

As usual - define "nice" and "not super expensive" and tell us time of travel. Just the facts, Madam.

Posted by
5 posts

Searching for a 3 or 4 star hotel in Portofino, Italy ($$$)
Any suggestions?

Posted by
10257 posts

You still didn't answer Frank's questions. When are you traveling? What is your budget? Star levels in Europe are not the same as in the U.S., and don't really mean much. We can't help you without more information. To some people 100 euros is expensive and to others it might be more like 500 euros. Only you can define what super expensive means to you.

Posted by
348 posts

I didn't check out the hotels there, but after 10 trips to Europe Portofino is the most expensive place I have been. This tiny town is lovely. We stayed nearby in Santa Margherita Ligure, which would probably give you better rates and is a few minutes from Portofino.

Posted by
32220 posts

Karla, I agree with the previous reply that you'll have a better choice of Hotels in Santa Margherita. The most common Hotels I've noticed in Portofino are the Yachts that are docked there. I'd suggest checking Trip Advisor as there a number of listings there. That's the best way to find a Hotel that fits your criteria. Good luck and happy travels!