Please sign in to post.

salzburg

Does anyone have any good suggestions for places to stay in Salzburg or websites to look at? I am interested in apartments mostly, as I need a full kitchen. Thank you.
Heather

Posted by
101 posts

Check out VRBO.com and airbnb.com. Sorry I can't help with a specific apartment in Salzburg. Have a great time.

Posted by
1840 posts

Heather, We stayed at the Der Salzburger Hof last October. The total bill for two nights was E157.00.Its about a block from the train station, has a nice resaurant, and is about a fifteen minute walk to the river, and ove to the old town. There is a supermarket between it and the train station. Adresses: [email protected] and www.dersalzburgerhof.at.

Posted by
1633 posts

Haus Ballwein, a 15 minute bus ride from old town, has some lovely apartments. They did not have full size kitchens but seemed adequate. Check out their website.

Posted by
4408 posts

Any chance you know Shelley? ;-) I learned about Haus Am Moos from people on the Helpline; we loved it! We stayed in the apartment (careful on the website with the nomenclature...! It gets confusing...) and while we didn't use any of the kitchen, it looked like a good set-up - fridge was cold, lots of plates/glassware/utensils, etc. I don't know what you mean by "full kitchen" - this may not be what you're after. It's a bus ride out of town (straight down one street past Augustiner Brau - darn!); you'll love that it's a bit in the country (as we did), or hate it...you can check it out on Google Street View and see for yourself. Very personable hosts, and great breakfasts! Again, you want the apt with the 2 rooms of twin beds pictured and kitchen table...NOT the "2-person apt"!!! Ask Walter about anything you want to know; he'll answer ASAP! Wherever you stay, have a wonderful time! (sigh)