Please sign in to post.

Normandy Tour

Hi! My husband and I will be going to Paris in July. We are planning on taking a train to Normandy. Is it better to by a tour package before we get to Normandy or get it there? Tks

Posted by
32212 posts

rocio, Could you elaborate on what type of tour you're interested in? Also, where are you planning to stay in "Normandy" and for how many days? It's difficult to provide specific suggestions without more complete information. Cheers!

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you for your reply. We will be arriving y train in Bayeaux for 1 night. We will like to visit the D-Day sites .

Posted by
10208 posts

Tours usually start from Bayeux at 8:30 and they fill up, so you should make your arrangements in advance.

Posted by
4407 posts

Whatever you do, you need to do it ASAP. That goes for booking a tour, and getting a hotel. Trust me. Do you want a private/semi-private tour (~6 people), or a larger tour from Paris? Be prepared - ir's gonna cost €100-ish per person, but worth every penny, for the private tours.

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you all for the replies. I got in contact with the hotel in Bayeux & got reservations for the tours.
Thanks again to all of you who replied!

Posted by
32212 posts

rocio, Which D-Day tours have you booked? If you need information on excellent tours in that area, post another note for further information. Also, which Hotel did you book?