Please sign in to post.

Pensions

I am taking my grandson to Germany in March 13-21. He is 14 so Iwant 2 single rooms for us.In Munich the dates would be
March 14th through March 18th. I like the Hotel Uhland, but I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion that would be cheaper. We are then flying to Berlin via Air Berlin and will be staying there from March 18th to March 21st. I would like a suggestion for pension in Mitte at this time. Thank you for any help!

Posted by
3313 posts

For such specific questions, you'll get good advice and reviews on the Tripadvisor site.

Posted by
19106 posts

Nothing in Munich, particularly downtown, is truely inexpensive. Hotel Royal (www.hotel-royal.de) is a little less expensive than Uhland. It's between the Hbf and Karlstor.

I know of a hotel in the outskirts, a 25 minute S-bahn ride from Marienplatz. It's less € than Royal or Uhland and it's nice; I stay there everytime I'm in Munich. However, they only speak German and asked me not to recommend them to English-only speakers. ?

Posted by
9 posts

Paula:

I and my wife just got back from a trip through Germany including Munich and Berlin.

I would book Hotel Mark or it's associated Europaischer Hotel near the train station. Decent value for less expensive hotel rates in downtown Munich. Hotel Mark is under reconstruction, so check to see if it will be ready by then.

As for Berlin, Pension Peters is my favorite. It is on Savigny Platz, very accessable by the S-bahn and just a short walk to the Zoo station for Deutsche Bahn. Great host family, nice neighborhood, easy to get by.

Enjoy!!

John

Posted by
7209 posts

As for Munich I wholeheartedly recommend staying around the Marienplatz or Viktualienmarkt instead of the main train station. Two nice budget hotels which are located at the Viktualienmarkt are Hotel Am Viktualienmarkt and Hotel Blauer Bock. Good reviews on Tripadvisor, central location away from the train station...but close to metro, affordable and clean.