Please sign in to post.

Village Turkey Tour

We're thinking of taking the Village Turkey Tour in September. Could anyone who has taken this tour tell us if at the end of the tour we are on our own to get to the airport or will the tour bus take us to the airport for flights out of the country? TIA
Also if anyone has taken the tour end of September/early October if the weather had any impact on your enjoyment?

Posted by
2788 posts

We took the 13 day Turkey Tour and at the end of it the tour bus was available to get us to a nearby airport. If you check out the daily itinerary for the Village Turkey Tour you will see that it ends in Bodrum which has an airport where you could fly back to Istanbul and then onward. The last days info also says that the tour guide can help you make the necessary arrangements to go wherever you are headed. We really enjoyed the Turkey Tour, especially Istanbul, and are considering going back for the Village Turkey Tour.

Posted by
320 posts

Thanks Charlie . We have taken the 13 day tour also and took the tour bus to the airport in Izmir . This is why I was asking if the same arrangements might be available for this tour. Bodrum seems to be a smaller airport with fewer flight options. I'm working on the flights and deciding where to spend the night before we head home.
We loved the Turkey Tour and would really like to experience more of Turkey.

Posted by
964 posts

Hi Pat, I took this tour last October. If the schedule is the same, the tour ends in Bodrum, which is on the South coast. Most of us had arranged flights from Bodrum to Istanbul and then onwards. Some opted to stay a few days in Istanbul. In Bodrum we all got to the airport by taxi, it's not very far. The weather was unseasonably cool and I think we'd have enjoyed it more if it was warmer. I know I would. But- that was, as I say, unseasonable. The normal temperature for that time of year would have made for a very comfortable trip.

Posted by
964 posts

I should have mentioned that we didn't have the tour bus once we reached Bodrum. The driver and bus left to start another tour. We still had 2 nights in Bodrum before the end of our tour.