Please sign in to post.

Which way to go?

Next september till december i am planning on travelling all throughout europe. I originally thought i would start in ireland->scotland->britain->france->spain->(fly to)italy->(boat to)greece->croatia->slovenia->austria->czech republic->germany->netherlands.
.... i kinda wish not to have too harsh of winter weather there.. I have enough of winter living in canada!, so if i did it that way, do you think it would be, because i would eventually end up going back up north by december time. So should i instead try to do most of northern europe first like everything except for italy/spain/greece and do those last ( i'd have to fly from spain to italy then to greece ).. then in december i would be more south, and it would be warmer?

Posted by
2779 posts

Brittany, you should definitely make sure you do the Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic and Austria in September and October. Those countries are part of the central europan climate zone which means cold winters. Ireland, Scotland and France are part of the western european climate zone which means mild winters (apart from the south-eastern part of France bordering to Switzerland or Germany which is central european). The southern european countries on your list are mild all the way thru december.

Posted by
51 posts

thanks for the input... this is going to make my trip more randomly planned because ill be flying to one location, go a few countries, fly to another, go a few countries...
Would you then suggest me doing this plan instead?.. Netherlands->Germany->Czech R->Austria(fly to)->Ireland->Scotland->England->Belgium->France->Spain(fly to)->Slovenia->Croatia->Greece(finally fly to)->Italy.

I do like the fact that i would be ending my trip in Italy...