Please sign in to post.

Switzerland and Italy

Hi! I am planning to travel to Switzerland and Italy in June. I want to spend 3 days in Switzerland - I land in Zurich and then go to Rome for 3 days and Florence for another 3 days. My return flight is from Rome. I am a first time traveler to Europe (and I am traveling alone!) need suggestions on what I should do in Switzerland. should I stay in Zurich for 3 days? or go around a few places - which are safe for a solo female traveler. Need suggestions pronto!

Posted by
7209 posts

How are you getting from Switzerland to your next destination in Italy? Are you staying 3 days or 3 nights in Switzerland? Obviously if you're flying out of Rome then Rome should be your final destination.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi! I am flying from Zurich to Rome. I will be in Zurich for 3 nights, I land on 1st of June and my flight to Rome is on 4th morning. Just booked my tickets, now I need to know what to do in Switzerland! Thanks!

Posted by
7209 posts

Personally I always "head for the hills" when I visit Switzerland. Don't know what time of day you arrive, but I would board the train from the airport and head directly to the Alpine villages of Mürren, Gimmelwald, Wengen or Lauterbrunnen. Spend 2 nights there. The 3rd night I would train back to Lucerne and spend there. It's an easy train ride from Lucerne back to Zurich airport the next morning. That's a rough itinerary, but there will be plenty for you to see and do for the 2 nights in the mountain villages. Lucerne is also beautiful located on the River Reuss and Lake Lucerne is just a boat ride away.