Please sign in to post.

Venice hotel

Hi everyone. I am planning a trip through Italy in early June. Everything is falling into place except I have not found a hotel in Venice. Any suggestions? I am tempted to try to find a place near the airport. We arrive in Venice late on a friday night, will spend the day in Venice, stay over another night, and have a very early flight the next morning. I figure if we stay close to the hotel we can journey into the city without having to carry anything and when we return will be ready for the flight the next day. We are arriving by train, and I see the train station is in venice, so we will need to find tranportation back to the airport area if we end up staying out there. Any suggestions or tips on any of this? I appreciate any feedback!

Posted by
8683 posts

If you use the search engine and type in Venice Hotels you'll get many suggestions. Would also look a other posting about Venice HOtels in the Too The Boot section. 2 months out from your visit selection will be tough. June is a massively popular travel month, crowds will be insane. I'd also peruse trip advisor. Specifically about hotels near Marco Polo airport.

Posted by
13 posts

I am going to Venice at the same time and booked my travel in February. Had a hard time finding anything available that was in the budget. Good luck.

Posted by
893 posts

I'll let you in on my little secret to finding a place to stay when everything appears to be booked: Only contact places that you must book via email or phone. The ones that are book-able (is that even a word?) over the Internet go first. These are the places that don't advertise and/or aren't listed on the major sites like Hotels.com or Booking.com. Even if you have to use Google Translate, it's worth the hassle. Just planned a last-minute trip to Bruges. Initial internet search yielded less than a handful of properties available able to hold all 5 in my family. And none less than 200€/night. Searched hotels and B&Bs listed on the TI website and sent out a handful of emails and came up with 4 available lower-priced options, including one at only 96€/night for a family room - including breakfast.

Posted by
21 posts

Thanks everyone I have now made a reservation for a place close to the airport. I appreciate your insight!

Posted by
208 posts

Hello, I am not sure of your dates, but I just plugged in two nights in early June on Venere.com and came up with a list of hotels with rooms still available. Good luck. I have also read in the past that some hotels will hold rooms that they only keep for phone reservations rather than over the net so they don't pay any middle fee to the websites they list on. Might be worth a couple of calls.