Please sign in to post.

Nice, France

Hi, My husband and I are in our early sixties, but very fit and healthy. We will be in Nice for three nights the second week of May. Can anyone please recommend a hotel? Stairs are no problem, noise and dirt are. I am having trouble sorting through the reviews. I would prefer not to spend any more than $200 and that's a stretch. A good location close to the Promenade and the old city would be best, but I am also unsure of the pluses and minuses of the location. We would like it quiet enough that we are not kept up all night. I am also concerned about the double beds. How small are they? Luxury is not important ( but wouldn't it be nice!) Would you be kind enough to share your experience?
Thanks so much!

Posted by
32213 posts

Nancy, I would highly recommend having a look at This Hotel in Nice. It's right at the end of the Promenade des Anglais and in a great location for walking into the "old town" to explore the street markets and great restaurants. I found the room to be VERY comfortable and clean. If possible, try to get a room that has either a view of the ocean or down toward the Promenade. Opening the curtains in the morning and seeing the sun rising on the Cote d'Azur is one of the best memories of my stay there. Happy travels!

Posted by
383 posts

We stayed at Hotel Le Royal after ditching our reservation at the very dirty and noisy Hotel Felix. Le Royal is nice, clean, quiet and has elevators and an elegant breakfast room. Right on the Promenade and not far from Old Town. http://www.hotel-le-royal-nice.com/

Posted by
1315 posts

A second vote for Hotel le Royal. We had a room overlooking the water and the Promenade. Unforgettable.

Posted by
33 posts

Thanks to everyone. We opted for the Hotel de la Mer, and hope we do not regret it!