Please sign in to post.

IPad Question

Do I need a converter/transformer for the IPad in Italy? Any other hints for using my new IPad in Europe?

Posted by
23313 posts

You should only need a plug adapter depending on the country or countries that you will be in. BUT, to be sure, check the input required that should be stamped on the plug or charger. It should read something like, Input 120-240V. My son bought a cheap ipad charger from Amazon when he lost his. That input was only 120v so you always need to check any electronic item.

Posted by
32219 posts

Debbie, If you're using the standard Apple Charger, that should be fine for use in Italy. That's certainly the case with the Charger for my new iPhone. However, just to be "safe" it would be a good idea to check that the "Input Voltage" ratings state "100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz." You might need a magnifying glass to actually see them, as they're "hot stamped" into the plastic and very hard to read. As Frank mentioned, if you're using another brand of Charger you'll have to again verify the Input Voltage ratings on that. You will of course require Plug Adapters appropriate for the countries you'll be visiting. If you're only going to be in Italy, This Plug Adapter is the correct model. That's the model for ungrounded appliances, and will work in most countries in continental Europe. If you'll be in the U.K., another version will be required. I'd suggest packing at least to Plug Adapters, as they're easy to misplace or forget. Happy Travels!

Posted by
951 posts

Buy the gadget that transfers your photos from your camera to your ipad. It was wonderful to see my photos on such a larger screen every night.

Posted by
513 posts

I used my IPad for two weeks in Poland and the CR last spring and another two weeks in Spain in October with no problems at all. All of my hotels had free WIFI (not difficult to find these days) as well as many public areas. If all else fails, you can often find WIFI at McDonalds or Starbucks. I am interesed in the device a previous poster spoke of that allowed you to transfer photo's from camera to IPad. Can anyone tell me where I can get one?

Posted by
10248 posts

I got the camera accessory from Best Buy. It was located with the iPad accessories. It comes with 2 ways to transfer your photos. I use the one where you the card from your camera into the device, then you plug the device into the iPad. I am very lo-tech and I found it to be very easy. I think it costs about $25 or the 2 pieces.