Please sign in to post.

Airports

I am used to flying in to the UK, where I choose from 5 or 6 airports (if one is more expensive, I pick another). I am flying in to France (Paris area) and leaving from Frankfurt, Germany. Are there any other airports nearby that might be cheaper? Thanks!

Posted by
3696 posts

Well, there might be... I ended up in one in France a number of years ago as I flew in from Ireland and then had to worry about how to get to the city.... time and money wasted. So, if you do find one just be sure to figure in the additional cost from a smaller airport to get where you want to go. Savings might not be worth it.

Posted by
11507 posts

Kristie there are three main airports that serve Paris,, Charles de Gaulle, Orly and Beauvais. I would fly into CDG or Orly, but not Beauvais, simply because public transport into Paris from those two airports is easier and cheaper. Beauvais is almost 100 km away from Paris and is not well served by public transport( think there is a bus , but really am not sure). The saving would have to be signicant for me to use that airport, and would have to make up for the time and expense of getting into the city.

Posted by
189 posts

Thanks for your help! Since I'm not just visiting Paris, I thought there might be another one in another area.
Kristie

Posted by
275 posts

Frankfurt also has two airports. There is the main Frankfurt airport, and there is Frankfurt Hahn which is used by some budget carriers. I have only used the main one. I understand that Frankfurt Hahn is quite a long way from Frankfurt though.

Posted by
19092 posts

But, if she is flying to Europe from the US, she isn't going to be arriving at Beauvais or Hahn.

Posted by
32209 posts

Kristie, On flights from the U.S., the carriers normally use major "hub" airports such as Frankfurt, so your choices might be a bit limited. I suspect that CDG and FRA will be your best options. Happy travels!

Posted by
11507 posts

Amsterdam isn't a bad option either,, we are flying in there and out of Paris this year. Price was good, from Vancouver BC( so west coast) our flights are about 1600, and thats for July and thats flying economy out and premium economy back. And yes, Beauvais doesn't do overseas flights, just mostly all those inter Europeon cheapo airlines.