Please sign in to post.

Gondola Ride

I'm beginning to gather info for a family trip to Italy in Sept 2013. I saw your article on France to Italy Over Mont Blanc. Can you book a one way trip with luggage for family over Mont Blanc. Could fly into Lyon or Geneva fron USA. Do you have suggestions concerning this portion of our trip. thank you Ernie Tomassilli
[email protected]

Posted by
6898 posts

Not sure about the luggage but they do stop running the gondola from Aiguille du Midi to Italy in mid-September. This past year, they stopped it on September 18. We were there on October 1 and wanted to make this run but couldn't. From Chamonix, we rode up early in the morning with numerous hang gliders with very large backpacks containing their gliders but they get off at Aiguille du Midi which is at 12,000 feet. The gondolas going up will hold at least 40 people. I understand that the gondolas from Aiguille du Midi to Italy are much smaller. I'll see what others say about the luggage. In Chamonix, we highly recommend staying at Hotel L'Oustalet. Wonderful rooms. L'Oustalet is a short two blocks to the gondola lift station.