Please sign in to post.

Paris for New Years

Family of 5, youngest is 17 yrs., is traveling through Europe over Christmas and New Years for 19 days. Visiting daughter who is studying abroad in London. Will be in London, Seville, and Paris. We are having difficulty finding lodging for 5 in Paris over New Years. Recommendations on renting apartment or a hotel? Suggestions on things to do in those cities is also welcome. Gracias,
Chris

Posted by
10244 posts

Hi Chris How long will you be in Paris? I always recommend apartments, especially for a group your size. You may have trouble finding anything since you have waited so long. I have always had luck using vrbo.com and homeaway.com to locate rentals. Do you know what area you want to stay in? If not, I would suggest looking in the 4th, 5th and 6th arrondissements. They are centrally located and have plenty going on. You kids would probably prefer that, than to stay in a quieter area. If you don't have the Rick Steves Paris guidebook,it is worth every penny. It will give you many ideas about what to do and how to do it.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you Andrea. Your location advice is much needed. We are staying 4 nights over New Years. You are right. We waited too long and are scrambling now. We've checked homeaway and venere.com etc. and have found a few apt. but nothing decent. Do you have any specific hotels or apt worth checking?
We are thinking of checking out a Paris tour that would include hotels and attractions.

Posted by
10244 posts

You will pay more for a tour, but if you don't have any other options it may be something to consider. With 5 people you will need 2 hotel rooms, a double and a triple. I have never heard of a room for 5 people. You may have better luck looking for an apartment outside of the central areas, but near a metro stop.