Please sign in to post.

holiday travel

My husband would like to go to Europe for the holidays. Can you tell us somewhere to go where the weather would be pleasant?

Posted by
3696 posts

I spent a New Years in England a few years ago and it was better than I expected.... actually I think it was probably a bit like Seattle weather at the same time. It was chilly, a bit damp, short days, but there were times the sun came our in the early afternoon. I would call it 'pleasant', but not warm. I loved it, as there were fewer tourists and the Cotswolds were beautiful at that time of year. Many days just a heavy sweater was all I needed.

Posted by
3 posts

What do you think of Greece or southern Italy or Spain?

Posted by
11359 posts

We're hittinf Italy from Venice to Sorrento during December. Can't be any worse weather than the Pacific NW, and likely better! Plus fewer crowds!

Posted by
12172 posts

My first choices would be Spain or Italy (the further south the better the weather). South of France or Turkey would also be nice options. Greece should be nice weather but won't be lively like it is in the summer. Anywhere south of the Alps will be decent weather, always a potential for rain but temperatures won't be extreme.