Please sign in to post.

Passport Renewal

This is a odd question. But I got my passport when I was 16 and know Im 24. I have lost alot of weight about 200lbs. I was wondering if I should renew my passport?
Thanks
niki

Posted by
23178 posts

Only if it is with six months of expiration.

Posted by
389 posts

Niki, Congratulation! I would contact the state department and explain the situation. You WILL be stopped if you look drastically different on your passport photo. Since you are down to two years I hear people sending in for renewal 1 year before expiration, but not two. However, if you read the site there is no limitation to how soon you can renew, so I'd think if you want to pay them, they'd be willing to take your money. Here is their site just in case
http://travel.state.gov/passport/

Posted by
9363 posts

I'd go ahead and renew, also. Changing appearance is one reason that children's passports are only good for five years instead of ten. Congratulations on the weight loss, too!

Posted by
1158 posts

Niki,

200lbs weight loss is a LOT. i bet you look different now. Besides that you are an adult now.
I am not sure if this is true, but the gov wants you to change your passport you your physique changed dramatically.
Congrats for your weight loss. That's wonderful