Please sign in to post.

Florence sights

What was the best way to reserve/purchase your tickets to Uffizia and Accademia?

Posted by
23290 posts

We did the same. Emailed the hotel with some open days and time.

Posted by
207 posts

The person working the hotel where we worked called and reserved ours for us. It worked out great.

Posted by
2297 posts

We rented an appartment so I phoned up the reservation hotline myself. They have English speaking operators and the process was quick and easy. Within 3 minutes I had all my tickets for Uffizi and Academia reserved and didn't have to pay anything in advance. The telephone booking centre (+39 (0)55 294883) is open from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8.30 to 12.30. Fax +39(.(0)55.264406. Keep in mind that this is the local time in Italy and adjust to your time zone accordingly.

Posted by
15591 posts

If you don't pay in advance for the reservations, you are not obligated to use them. So, when you get to the museum, if there is a short line to buy tickets - or maybe even no line - just buy them on the spot without claiming your reservation and save the fee. If you do use the reservations, my experience is that they aren't too particular about the times. If you are a bit early or a bit late, doesn't matter.