Please sign in to post.

Euro ?

Will you get any better of a rate for euro or Brit.lb. By getting some cash in USA before we depart?

Posted by
956 posts

Elie, this subject has been discussed at length on this site. Use the option above: "Get answers to your questions -- searching Rick's Archives" which will help you search the site for tons of info on the subject. But to answer your answer simply: no.

Posted by
23290 posts

The cheapest and most convenient euro come from an ATM with your debit card. You will pay a premium of 5 to 10% in the US.

Posted by
332 posts

I checked Wells Fargo's site a moment ago and found that euros were marked up 5.9% and pounds were marked up 4.9%. I have regularly seen pounds marked up less than euros by Wells Fargo, no idea why. These results will vary depending on where and when you buy your currency and I have no idea why you want the information. If you are thinking of buying lots of pounds and then converting them to euros overseas, don't.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks everyone for your feedback. No more need for responses as the consensus is no. We had received this advice from an apparently misguided European friend:)