Please sign in to post.

Paris hotel reservations

Has anyone used Paris Reservations.com? Or any of the discount sites for rooms? The prices seem to be very good. I wonder what is the catch? I'd like a hotel near 1st or 8th area. I'm looking for 4 nights under $900. A few of these hotels on this site did offer that but I'm not sure if they are reliable. Thanks.

Posted by
7209 posts

I used to be an advocate for ONLY booking directly with the hotel. I've since booked several rooms, including Paris, via www.yeego.com and also with www.alpharooms.com The prices were unbelievably cheaper from these two websites.

Posted by
4407 posts

Rose, you could use Google Maps, enlarge it nearly all of the way, then pick hotels based on their location. Most have their direct website listed. If this makes no sense at all to you, please send me Private Message... ;-) Also, go to TripAdvisor.com and look through the reviews and view the photos. Most places you're looking at will have several reviews (since it's Popular Paris), so you can have some confidence that at least most of the reviews are authentic. I generally vote for reserving directly with the hotel, but I've recently made a reservation with booking.de (an example)that was roughly the same € amount BUT it allows me to cancel with no penalty - something the hotel did not allow. Something to consider...But if something goes wrong with your reservation, having dealt directly with the hotel may work in your favor; sometimes the middleman doesn't communicate very well with the hotel :-( But in any case, I recommend sending them (the hotel) an email 1-4 weeks before your arrival time to confirm your reservation. AND bringing a copy of all email correspondance with me...!

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you for your recommendations. I too wondered if dealing directly with the hotel was best. I will view the
websites recommended. Regards,