Please sign in to post.

Leaning Tower of Pisa tickets

I've been trying to figure out how to purchase Pisa tickets before we visit Pisa to avoid lines. Any suggestions? I went to the ticket office for the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the only dates that looked available was for August and I will be there at the end of July. Thanks!

Posted by
32767 posts

You only need tickets to climb the tower, or to see the Baptistry. Being on the Field of Miracles and getting your cheesy picture is free, and fun.

Posted by
8 posts

Taken from their booking page:
Choose the date of your visit (tickets are available starting 16 days from today until 45 days from today) And being that today is the 21 it looks like you might be out of luck... We're going in September and I'm going to have to remember to book ours while they are still available.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks Nigel - I appreciate the information! Stacy

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks Juanita - good luck with your tickets and enjoy your trip! Stacy

Posted by
1883 posts

We visited Pisa several years ago, and simply went to the ticket office and bought a ticket to climb the tower. We had to wait an hour or so for our "time" but had no problem. if you are too late to prebook your tour, perhaps when you arrive, you find the ticket office and see if there are any available. That being said, we were there in May, I'm sure July is heavy travel time, so there might not be any "at once" availability, but I'd take the time and check. When you arrive in the "Field of Miracles" I'd walk directly to the ticket office to check to see if you can get tickets!