Please sign in to post.

Travel Cost

would like estimate of daily cost for 15 nights travel in italy. sorento 3nights, florence 2nights, milan 2nights, venice 2nights, rome 4 nights, varenna 2 nights.

Posted by
9363 posts

Are you asking for the cost of transportation between the towns, or the total cost of traveling, staying and eating in those towns over the whole trip? What kind of activities do you plan? What type of accomodations are you interested in? Do you plan to eat three meals a day in restaurants, or do some picnicing from the grocery store? The more information you can give us, the better estimates we can give you.

Posted by
9110 posts

In dollars, per day, two people sharing: Hotel - - 100 to 500 Meals - - 50 to 200 Admissions - - 25 to 50
Intra-city transportation - - 10 to 50 Inter-city transportation - - 50 to 100 Costs per city from lowest to highest: Varenna, Sorrento, Rome, Milan, Florence, Venice. Who knows? You've asked the impossible question. Nobody knows your style, desires, or expectations. I can pull it off for an average of $100 pp/pd, but would have to kick in a bit extra for Florence and Venice - - but I've seen all of the things that have admission fees and we walk a lot. You'll be lucky if you can do it for double that, even if you try to cut corners - - you just don't know where to look or what an economical price is - - plus you might be wanting private tours and such. Give us some more scoop.

Posted by
3551 posts

Lots of unknowns here, but figure min $200 USD per ni lodging alone. Fill in how you like to travel and what you wish to include and maybe this board can help you est.
RS guidebk also as a gd rule of thumb for italy in his guidebk.

Posted by
32795 posts

JS has summarized well. Ed has given good brackets. Find the guidebook that fits your lifestyle. Maybe RS, maybe Karen Brown, maybe Fodor, maybe Frommer, maybe Let's Go. Once you know which fits then look at their price levels for the catagories in Ed's list and add them up. Sorry, that's the best I can do with what you've given...

Posted by
15585 posts

And after you've figured all that out, and you come back with another question, we'll probably tell you that you have too many destinations for such a short trip.