Please sign in to post.

moneybelt

I have limited neck mobility, so using a moneybelt makes it difficult for me to see what is in there and where, and I can't seem to differentiate things either by touch in there. Any suggestions?
Amy

Posted by
28 posts

there are some light weight money belts that hang from your neck. check google and ebay and you should be able to find something.

Posted by
4 posts

I use my money belt more as a "personal safe" for carrying my passport, credit/atm cards, return tickets, etc - things I don't usually need during the day. I keep the day's cash in a pocket or my pacsafe purse where it's easily accessible.

Posted by
808 posts

Try the kind of moneybelt that hangs inside your jacket sleeve/arm hole. Or have a monebelt sewn into your jacket with a removable zipper.

Posted by
11507 posts

I suggest that one does not need to wear a money belt often enough to make this an issue.
I wear one only for actual travel days.
While in town I leave most money and passport in my hotel safe. I have done this for years ,, many trips. No problem.
I carry only a days worth of cash and DL for id.. I do not as a rule carry my CC unless it is a shopping day. I am not a shopper, but bring a CC for unexpected emergencies and to pay hotel bill with at end of stay .
I use my ATM card for cash, return it and extra cash to safe before sightseeing for day.
I just have not found a need to be overly concerned otherwise.
Europe is not filled with crooks.

I like the idea of having a special zippered pocket sewn into clothes if you are concerned.

Posted by
486 posts

We also decided to carry just enough cash for the day each (so we had twice as much as we needed), one credit card, a copy of our passport and a picture ID (I carried my VA card) in lieu of carrying passport, all our money and all our cards. It was not even visible in my pocket and she had one of those cross body leather purses with all the openings in the front. Junk such as maps, Kleenex, etc., we carried in back pockets as a distraction.
We also both had cell phones with Italian numbers which would have given us instant police access. We never were accosted nor bothered.

Posted by
12172 posts

Nancy is right. Don't use a money belt as a wallet. Put stuff you need for the day in a front pocket (put your hand in your pocket when things get crowded). Put the things you don't want to lose in the money belt and only plan to get into it each morning as you get organized before leaving your hotel.