Please sign in to post.

Driving in Switzerland

I am taking my rental car to Switzerland for a day. I was told that I need a sticker to drive through Switzerland so that I am not penalized $100. Does anyone know if I can purchase this sticker at the border?

Posted by
12040 posts

Yes, you can. If you enter from Austria, you can also buy it at certain Austrian border stations.

Posted by
2 posts

I will be entering Switzerland from Germany. I will be traveling down from Heidelberg.

Posted by
9 posts

It is called a Vignette. they can be purchased at gas station near the border or at the border. Also your car rental company may be able to provide it. They are good for a year. If you do go to Austria that one is separate for Switzerland and can be purchased for less than 1 year. If you are taking A5 south when you get to around 20km or farther from the border you will see a big gas station and a sign saying with the Vignette, can be purchased for Euro here. You can get it there and then as you get to the border on the right lanes you will line up and get it checked as you enter. if you have swiss francs you can continue on in the left lane and at the border you have them the money and they will slap on the sticker.