Please sign in to post.

Rome accomodations

My wife and I are traveling to Europe in September and have the majority of our trip planned. However, with so many choices of places to stay in Rome we are having a tough time narrowing it down. Any places you can recommend? We are looking at B&B's too. Trying to keep price around $200 or less per night and hoping for a central location. We will arrive at main train station and would like to visit Coliseum, Forum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Stairs and of course the Vatican.

Posted by
32219 posts

Nick, Your best bet to choose a Hotel that fits your criteria in terms of price, area and amenities would be to have a look at the Italy 2011 Guidebook. There's a wealth of information there not only on Hotels in various price ranges, but also restaurants, sightseeing, transportation, etc. In the Termini area you might consider Hotel Aberdeen or Hotel Sonya. You could also consider The Beehive Hostel or their companion location, Cross Pollinate. Although you won't be travelling until September, I'd suggest getting a booking SOON! That time of year can be busy in Rome. Be sure to wear Money Belts, as that will be important especially if you find yourself on the infamous #64 Bus or the Metro. Happy travels!

Posted by
235 posts

I really liked Seven Kings Relais near Repubblica, about a 10 minute walk from Termini. It's a small hotel located in the inner court of an apartment building, so don't be alarmed when you don't see a sign out front. Clean and modern. Great place, great staff, under $200. As a bonus, you get to walk past Santa Maria della Vittoria every day.

Posted by
1568 posts

I love the Hotel Madrid Roma. It's very close to the Spanish steps and the metro. It's got a beautiful rooftop breakfast area. And the rooms are sparkling clean.

Posted by
361 posts

Hello Nick, Last November my wife and I stayed in Rome at the Hotel Lillium. The rooms are all done in pastel colors, most have full baths tubs and showers but you have to ask for one. The rooms are a little on the small side for Americans but hey, we only used it for sleeping. It is clean, has a very helpful staff, decent breakfast, price was very good and best of all it is within walking distance of Rome's Termini. Check them out. Here is their web address: lilliumhotel.it Ciao!

Posted by
833 posts

My fiance and I just reserved our hotel for our honeymoon/pre-study abroad time in Rome, after looking up different ones extensively. We chose Hotel Abruzzi which is next to the Pantheon. It has great reviews on TripAdvisor and Venere (sources I would use to check any hotel you're thinking about). We got the double room (in the annex) for 101 euro a night for three nights, and a very central location. I can't say how our experience was as we won't be staying there until August but there are some very positive reviews on TA.

Posted by
408 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Mascagni in the Republica area last April. It is a small boutique hotel across from the ST. Regis. I paid $180.00 and it included breakfast. It is close to the Termini station for convenience.

Posted by
408 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Mascagni in the Republica area last April. It is a small boutique hotel across from the ST. Regis. I paid $180.00 and it included breakfast. It is close to the Termini station for convenience.

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. We booked Hotle Lilium. Looks like a great location at a great price. We emailed them directly and they were very quick to respond. They also cut us a deal on a triple room since our daughter is only four. Once I sent a confirmation email back they sent a special web link with all of the details locked in. All I had to do was fill in name, address, and card number. They also mentioned we could pay in Euro or use a card upon check out and no charge up front. We'll let everyone know what we think once we get back in September.