Please sign in to post.

Apartment rentals in Venice

My daughter and I are looking to visit Venice in October. I have contacted a few places, one of which said Rick Steves books have them as a reference for booking apartments. I thought that October was a lower season and the rates would not be so bad. I am finding the rates are more then getting a hotel for a week. These rates are anywhere from 1400 USD up per week. Does anyone know who I can contact to find a rental which would be somewhere around the 700 - 800 USD rate. Does Rick Steves tours book apartments for people? and do you handle discounted airfares also? Regards,
Karen

Posted by
17233 posts

Karen, October is still high season in Venice. I have been looking at apartments during that month and find most are 850 euros (for a 1-bdr.) and up for a week. A couple of reputable agencies to look at are Views on Venice and Venice Lux. There are others as well. This forum is just volunteers answering questions about travel. The Rick Steves company operates group tours and sells rail passes, but they do not book accommodations or flights. You can get good advice on doing those yourself here, however.

Posted by
565 posts

Check out www.vrbo.com too. I have rented a couple of apartments in Venice using that site. That's a tough budget for Venice but I'm sure it's doable. You can probably at least find a studio or if you aren't scared you can wait till the last minute and hopefully pick up something nice at a steal. That's what I usually do. Have fun!

Posted by
1201 posts

We have used these folks with good luck in the past. www.veniceapartments.org I think that you may find that your budget is a bit low. You should be able to find apartments in the 800 EURO range for a week but at the current exchange rate, 800 USD is about 575 euros. compared against one hotel room, apartments don't usually compete price wise. Cost differentials are more atractive when you need to get two or three rooms at a hotel. apartments have have lots of plusses though.

Posted by
3 posts

My family and I, 8 people total, found an amazing apartment through Venice Rentals. You need to tell them what you're looking for, price range, etc and then they will email you their suggestions. www.venicerentals.com The apartment was incredible but not exactly cheap. We were there for a special family occasion and so we splurged. That being said, for our return trip to Venice next year we have been checking out apartments on vrbo.com and airbnb.com. Very reasonable options can be found there. Good luck and enjoy Venice!

Posted by
813 posts

Try homeaway.com
We've found great apartments all over Europe on this site.

Posted by
12313 posts

In Venice, I called Hotel d'Art the morning before we arrived. They had an apartment at a decent price (140 Euro a night). It was basic, no view and only average furniture but perfect for our family. For your price range there should be plenty of choices. Check our tripadvisor.com.