Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Hotels

Does anybody have any good recommendations for any hotels in Amsterdam?

Close to Central Station and Red Light District only. Also, NO HOSTELS!! I want a room with a private bed and bathroom/shower. Am willing to pay up to 70 Euro a night.

Please help. I have literally spent hours online researching different sites, and comparing prices. So far the only decent deal I have found is the Hotel France, (but half of the reviews I read said something about them constantly overbooking). I'll be in Amsterdam in late November (off season). Any suggestions????

Thank you.

Posted by
3580 posts

I stayed in Haarlem and took daytrips to Amsterdam.

Posted by
658 posts

There's no such thing as off season in Amsterdam.

You may get something for around EUR70.00 at somewhere like Hotel Brian on Singel 69, but that isn't going to have a private bathroom.

For EUR70.00 you may have to accept sharing at least a bathroom.

Haarlem is a better bet for a good cheap hotel. Both Hotel Amadeus and Hotel Carillon might be able to do something in that price range. Haarlem is a quick, cheap, train ride to Centraal Station.

Posted by
1158 posts

70 euroes is a very low price for Amsterdam.
5 years ago the cheapest hotel with private bathroom was 80 euros, about 10-15 minutes from van Gogh museum.the hotel was so so, we stayed at the rd floor and it was very hard to bring the luggage up the stairs. The stairs in amsterdam are very sleep.
Have you tried hotels.com?

Posted by
12 posts

Thank you everyone that replied. I'm sure Haarlem is a better deal, but I'm young, single, carefree, and I just want to be in the heart of the city (around all the action). Hopefully this France Hotel deal works out for me. If not, then I'm sure the Amstel Botel will give me a room for a reasonable rate. Anyway...I basically just need a safe bed to sleep in after long nights of partying.

Posted by
10 posts

I agree, Stay in Haarlem and take the train in everyday it's easy and cheap. Haarlem is lovely and is a great homebase.