Please sign in to post.

Rome for three days

Hello! We are going to Rome this summer for three days. What do we absolutely have to do while we are there? Anyone know a place that might still be performing roman eatre? Also, what are the best ruins to go to?
Thanks for the advice! C

Posted by
2788 posts

I suspect that the regular contributors to this web site have seen all of you post asking the same question for LOTS of cities and have chosen to not reply. I hope you have done some research on your own as we are not a travel agency and we do a lot better in answering specific questions in that some folks have individual expertise and respond accordingly.
Happy travels.

Posted by
32919 posts

Catherine I see you have a series of these questions. You haven't said anything about what you like, what you have previously done, or anything to help us give advise. Why did you pick these cities? If you are only looking for the top two in each surely your guidebooks would have covered these off?

Posted by
8960 posts

What do you absolutely want to see and do while in Rome. We all have different interests and what I like may not be what you like. Do you not have any guidebooks? Have you not used Google to look at anything? My idea for a trip might make you very unhappy, so it is better to choose your own sites.

Posted by
1806 posts

Yep, definitely seems like you have done zero research on your own & just plucked a bunch of big cities out of the air because everyone else goes there, but you have absolutely no clue what's even there. You've also given no hint what you like to do. Maybe you hate art museums. But if you only ask "What can I do in Paris?" without telling us that, people are going to respond "Visit the Louvre, Orsay, Rodin, etc" Like I said already when I responded to your Vienna question, do some research - books, DVDs, podcasts. Those resources are available to you for free to little cost and will give you some basic ideas. But more important is to let people know how much your budget is (35 Euro per day for all meals, admissions & in-city transit). Otherwise, you are wasting their time if they make suggestions for certain activities that may be beyond your budget.