Please sign in to post.

Travel bags

Has anyone tried the brand Vaude? I am considering the Module 40 wheeled backpack but have not found any reviews. Thanks!

Posted by
4408 posts

The Vaude website doesn't even have the Module 40 listed (discontinued?); also, I can't find any photos except The One that everybody uses...and I've looked at probably 12 websites. There's no mention of covers for the wheels (very important if carrying on your back), and I don't know what the waist and sternum straps look like...And I found no reviews, also. If you get one, the absolute best price out there is Overstock.com. Do you expect to carry it, or roll it? I'd guess both...;-) Any chance you'd go with one over the other? Hybrids are a compromise on both accounts... The most oft-cited weight is 7.1 lbs, but I've seen from 6.5 lbs to 9.2 lbs given. Who really knows...It does look nice, though - the compression straps and panel-style opening, and lots of sturdy- looking handles...

Posted by
19115 posts

Are you planning to carry this on or check it. If carryon, make sure the wheels and handles don't exceed the carryon dimensions. Sometimes manufacturers give the size of the luggage compartment (because they think how much it can hold is important), but airlines are interested in the total space it takes up and put it in a sizing box. If the luggage compartment takes up the carryon allowance and the wheel and handle stick out further, it won't go. If this is what Vaude calls the "Rail 40", it weighs 3 kg, a little over 6½ lb. If you took it on Lufthansa as a carryon, you could only pack 11 lb of stuff.

Posted by
8 posts

Finding information on this backpack is very difficult but reviews for some other Vaude products have been decent. Would like to know more about this specific wheeled backpack and see better photos as well.