Please sign in to post.

Leasing car in France

We are planning a trip to France in September for 1 month. I have researched car leasing prices but looks like they are not cheeper than rental. Let me know about you experience with leasing versus rental. Thank you.

Posted by
2876 posts

Remember that with leasing you get 1) a brand new car; 2) full, no-deductible insurance coverage; 3) 24/7 roadside assistance. When you're comparing, make sure you take these things into account. We've leased from Renault 3 times and each experience was great.

Posted by
10545 posts

Also, with a lease you do not have to pay extra for an additional driver as long as they are related to you. There are no additional charges for anything. I leased through Autoeurope and it was a very pleasant experience.

Posted by
1022 posts

The leasing #'s have never worked for me even when adding an additional driver. I pay American Express $25 for full insurance coverage up to 30 days so that's not a factor. For whatever reason, Sixt has had the best deals when we go to France. I've always been pleased with the vehicles we get. I understand people like to have a new car, but that's not important to us.