Please sign in to post.

Weather in February

Hi all! My fiance and I would like to honeymoon in Europe in late February. We'd like to spend some time by the coast. Which country can we go where it wouldn't be too cold or freezing? Thanks!

Posted by
1158 posts

Cote d'Azur (Golden Cost) in France is warm in winter, maybe a bit windy, but still nice.I love that area of France, very cool for honeymonners.
Cannes and Nice are very nice, a lot of places to wak and enjoy your vacation.
Othere warm places would be Spain or Southern Italy or the islands. also greece is warm in winter. I went to Creete a few years ago and the island was warm enough. You can't go to the beach, though, because it's a bit windy, but wearing a light jacket would be just fine.
I would get a guide of each of these countries and see what they have to offer and what you like to do, see.

Posted by
1717 posts

In February one of the warmest places in ITALY is the Cinque Terre. An express train goes to Monterosso (it has a beach) from Milan. Or, ride in trains to the Cinque Terre Villages from Pisa. (Pisa has an airport). Or ride in trains to a Cinque Terre vilage from Florence. If you do not know much about the Cinque Terre, read about it in the travel guide book "Rick Steves' ITALY 2007" (or 2008). The Cinque Terre villages do not have any art to see.