Please sign in to post.

2 1/2 days in Paris

Is 2 1/2 days enough to see the hiligths of Paris?

Posted by
1317 posts

Some of 'em, sure. A lot depends on how much jet lag you are dealing with, how many people in your party, and what you consider the hilights of Paris to be. I always figure that I will lose the equivilent of a full day just trying to figure out my way around, check in and out of my hotel, eat, etc. so calculate that into your planning.

Posted by
65 posts

Brendon,
What do you consider to be the highlights of Paris? My wife an I were in Paris for 2 days landed 10 AM on a Friday and took train out 8 AM on Sunday. We went up the Eiffel Tower, Arch de Triumph, Shopped on the Champs, Toured the Louvre, Orsey, and Cluney Museums, Did the Sewer Tour, Did Ricks Walking Tour of Historic Paris, Toured Notre Dame and the Large Window Church that is close, went in the Famous Prison, Had one good fancy meal and mostly cafe meals, went through the Market on Rue Cler. We stayed next door to the Notre Dame Cathedral at the Hospital Hotel Dieu and Paris is very walkable. I always wear a pedometer and we averaged 14.5 miles a day along with taking the metro. Helped that we did the Louvre until Midnight on Friday night. If those are the highlights and you are willing to walk then you can. If you want to see more than that it would be tough.

Posted by
361 posts

Louvre, Eiffel Tower, D'Orsay and maybe Versailles