Please sign in to post.

travel in spain

Has anyone here been to Priego de Cordoba? I know that most of Southern Spain has a temperate climate, but I've seen pictures with lots of snow in the mountains. Any comments on this village? Thanks

Posted by
4555 posts

I've been to several of the small villages along the Granada-Jaen axis, but never over to Priego de Cordoba or the Subbética. You're about the same elevation as Granada, which gets snow only very occasionally in the winter, and it never lasts long. There's lots of snow on the tops of the nearby Sierra Nevada mountains, but those are 1500 meters (and more) higher than Granada and the surrounding countryside. BTW, Priego de Cordoba has about 16,000 people, so it's more than just a village.

Posted by
5 posts

I am also interested in going to Southern Spain over the Christmas holiday. Also, can anyone recommend a place to spend Christmas?

Posted by
80 posts

Last Christmas in Granada, my wife and I experienced the coolest weather of our vacation. It was in the 30's in the morning (Fahrenheit) but climbed to the 50/60's during the afternoon. jackets and gloves even appropriate at the alhambra in the AM, then shorts for our afternoon runs! Hope this helps.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you Norm and Brian for your replies. I have a family member who will be living in that area for several months, and he was trying to decide what clothes he needed take with limited space. Your posts were very helpful.