Please sign in to post.

10 days in italy

a friend and i are travelling in mid July to Italy with an idea we'd like to see the Amalfi coast or go further north to Cinque Terra, Lake Como, etc. Is it possible to cram them all in or should we only see a portion? We want to hike, shop, take in the rural sites. Don't want to spend a lot of time in big cities as we have seen Rome, Venice and Florence before but would go to Genoa possible if encouraged. Any assistance you can provide in helping us plan this trip would be much appreciated.

Posted by
833 posts

You may want to switch this over to the "To The Boot" part of the Travelers Helpline instead of General Europe. You'll get more Italy specific advice. If you don't care about returning to Rome, Venice or Florence at all, then I would say you would have time to see the Almafi coast and CT, or Como. CT and Como are pretty far apart, so keep that in mind, but you would have time to do it if you want to. Seeing Genoa, Como and some other parts of northern Italy would work, or you could split the time with CT too. If you want to take in the rural sites, I would consider Tuscany, like the San Casentino valley. Very beautiful area, great food and wine. You could start there, and then head to Como and Genoa if you would like.